CHESTERFIELD: Firefighters battle house blaze

editorial image

FIREFIGHTERS extinguished a house fire after a report of a blaze from a wood burning stove chimney had spread through the property.

The fire was discovered at the home on Ashover Road, Old Tupton, Chesterfield, about 7pm, last night, Thursday, March 14, and Clay Cross firefighters attended the scene.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “Crews confirmed there was a chimney fire in a semi-detached house and crews needed specialist fire gear and a second appliance from Clay Cross.”

Firefighters fought the blaze for over two hours but made the property safe by about 9.30pm.