Ferdinand Bilstein UK Ltd is a supplier and distributor of automotive vehicle parts.
1. What are the positives of running a business here?
The transport links around Chesterfield, with easy access to both the M1 and A1 is of huge benefit to us. This was one of the main reasons we decided to choose Chesterfield for our distribution centre.
2. What developments do you think will make the biggest difference to Chesterfield?
There are amazing developments in the works that should bring significant benefits to the town. Waterside shows lots of great opportunities, as does Peak Resort. For the local people, perhaps I am biased, the Markham Vale project is of huge benefit for employment, as many businesses just like ourselves will be looking to employ people from the local area.
3. What advice would you give to someone establishing a business?
Get involved in community events and get to know other businesses. You never know what opportunities they may provide, as well as creating the chance to make plenty of new friends.
4. Who or what do you turn to in Chesterfield for business advice?
Destination Chesterfield has been an amazing help, introducing us to other local business and providing incredibly valuable information to help us with making connections.
5. What is your best memory of Chesterfield?
Our company is quite new to the area and still learning about what the town has to offer, but a staff event enjoying drinks and food at Einstein’s was an experience that sticks out in my mind, as the food was delicious.