Bedroom fire in Somercotes probably caused by an glass object

Firefighters would like to remind residents to not 'leave mirrors, glass objects or aerosols in direct sunlight' after a bedroom fire.

Thursday, 28th June 2018, 5:10 pm
Updated Wednesday, 4th July 2018, 6:16 pm
The fire sent in by reader

The fire on Spencer Drive, yesterday (Wednesday, June 27) started in one of the bedrooms and was put out by two fire crews from Alfreton and Ashfield.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The most probable cause was by a glass object refracting sunlight onto combustible materials.

"We would like to remind people not to leave mirrors, glass objects or aerosols in direct sunlight."