By Adam Kay
1. The Beer Festival continues at the Poet and Castle in Codnor this weekend. Music is provided by Capital Sun on July 22, The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on July 23 and Airborne Covers Band on July 24. See www.poetandcastle.co.uk for more details.
2. It’s Nightworld at Rosliston Forestry Centre on Friday 22 July. From 7pm-11pm you’ll be able to find out more about nocturnal creatures and the night sky, all for just £2.50 per person. Visit www.roslistonforestrycentre.co.uk for details.
3. Buxton Pavilion Gardens is hosting their Annual Summer Fete this weekend, July 22-23, 10am-5pm each day. Enjoy 60 stallholders offering food and drink, arts and crafts and accessories for the home and garden. Call 01298 23114 for information.
4. It’s the 43rd Stainsby Festival at Brunt’s Farm this weekend, 22-24 July. With live folk and world music acts, craft stalls and children’s entertainment, it’s sure to be fun for the whole family. Check out www.stainsbyfestival.co.uk for more.
5. All-day music festival Skintfest takes place at The Corner House in Brimington on Saturday 23 July. Starting at 12pm, it’s completely free and features bands including Rookie League, Sea Of Lions and More Than You’ll Ever Know.
6. Chatsworth start their season of summer events on Saturday 23 July. See www.chatsworth.org for full details.
7. At Buxton Dome this Saturday and Sunday you’ll find the 4th annual Great Dome Art Fair. Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Peak District Artisans, the fair showcases local arts and crafts as well as a programme of talks. Open from 10am-4pm each day, free entry. Visit www.peakdistrictartisans.co.uk for more information.
8. It’s cycling weekend at the Longshaw Estate, 23-24 July. Hop on your bike and explore the beautiful Peak District.
9. On Sunday 24 it’s Wild Weekend at Miller’s Dale Nature Reserve near Buxton. Activities run from 11am-4pm and include mask making, butterfly hunts and guided walks.
10. Join in the fun at Hathersage outdoor swimming pool on Sunday 24 July (2pm-6pm) as it celebrates its 75th anniversary. Expect sychronised swimming, a boat race and music from hathersage Silver Band. Tickets are £3 for adults and £2 for children, available from the pool office.