A NEW Winter Carer’s Support Service is now available, and will offer help to locals between January and March.
Being run from Buxton Volunteer Centre, the service is designed to ease the burden on carers since bad weather can make getting out and about more difficult.
There are a number of ways the service can help including:
• Providing transport to get carers and the person they care for to hospital appointments
• Providing transport to the shops for groceries and other essentials
• Asking Befriending volunteers to do shopping for carers
• Providing trained befrienders who can visit people in their home and provide additional respite.
• A home from hospital service can also be provided to help carers when the person they care for is due to be discharged from a local hospital.
For more information about the Winter Carer’s Support Service, contact Lizzie at Buxton Volunteer Centre on 01298 23970 or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, please contact Lizzie if you have spare time and would like to become a befriender or help by doing shopping for a carer.