UPDATE: Cause of Chesterfield house fire identified

Firefighters were called to the Holiday Inn
Firefighters were called to the Holiday Inn

Fire bosses have confirmed the cause of the fire which broke out in a Chesterfield bedroom at lunchtime.

Crews from Chesterfield and Staveley were called to View Road at 2.30pm on Saturday, May 6 and the fire was caused by candles left unattended.

They used a hose reel jet to put out the flames.

Steve Wells, for Derbyshire Fire and Rescue tweeted the fire was a ‘result of candles left burning’.

The fire was around five by five metres and was situated in the bedroom of a domestic property. No one was hurt.

Result of candles left burning.Picture tweeted by Steve Wells

Result of candles left burning.Picture tweeted by Steve Wells