Two Doncaster kitchen fires last night

editorial image
0
Have your say

A young man had a lucky escape from a fire at his Doncaster home last night.

The man, in his 20s, fell asleep before a chip pan overheated and caught fire at a house in Shaftesbury Avenue, Intake, about 7pm.

Neighbours smelled smoke, raised the alarm and roused him before Doncaster firefighters arrived, although by that tiem the fire had burned itself out.

They ventilated the heavily smoke-logged premises and the occupier did not need medical attention.

A few hours later they were sent to Sprotbrough Road, Sprotbrough, where a grill pan caught fire at the home of an elderly man.

He also escaped unharmed because his smoke alarms activated.