Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze

Stock picture.
Stock picture.
0
Have your say

A tumble dryer caused a fire at a property in Eckington.

Staveley firefighters were called to a house on Staniforth Avenue at about 3pm yesterday.

Upon arrival, they found an overheated tumble dryer in the garage.

A fire service spokesman said: "Firefighters removed the tumble dryer from the building and made the scene safe."

Visit the Derbyshire fire service website for safety advice regarding tumble dryers.