SOUTH NORMANTON: Housing complex evacuated after fire scare

NEWS: News.
NEWS: News.

FIREFIGHTERS had to evacuate a sheltered housing complex after an electrical fire erupted on the ground floor.

The blaze was discovered on Glebe Close, South Normanton, about 7pm, on Wednesday, February 20.

Crews armed with breathing apparatus helped residents outside as a precaution and used a hose reel jet, Co2 extinguishers and a safety water jet to put out the blaze.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said the complex was made safe by about 9pm.