SHIREBROOK: Casualty treated after house fire

NEWS: News.
NEWS: News.

A CASUALTY had to be treated for smoke inhalation after firefighters fought a house fire which spread to a neighbouring property.

The blaze erupted in the kitchen of a terraced home on Main Street, Shirebrook, about 5.15pm, on Wednesday, April 10.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “There was a kitchen fire in a two-storey terraced property and one person was accounted for with smoke inhalation and they were treated by the ambulance service.”

The fire service explained how the property was heavily smoke-logged and spread to a neighbour’s single storey extension.

Firefighters from Bolsover and Nottinghamshire were called out and used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.

Police were also requested to control nearby traffic while firefighters battled to make the property safe within an hour.