Man suffers serious burns after sub station fire

ndet 94967   Fire engine

ndet 94967 Fire engine

0
Have your say

A man suffered serious burns after being electrocuted in a sub station fire in Somercotes.

Firefighters from Alfreton Fire Station were called to Nottingham Road at about 8.30am on Saturday, September 1.

The fire was out on arrival but first aid was given to a man who had suffered severe electical burns to his upper torso.

He was airlifted to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham for further treatment.

A spokesman from Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service said Western Power visited the site and have isolated the supply while an investigation is carried out.

There are no safety concerns for residents living nearby.

Firefighters remained at the scene until 9.40am.