Man rescued from house fire

Derbyshire Fire
Derbyshire Fire

A MAN was rescued from a house fire in Chesterfield.

Fire fighters were called to Heaton Street at around 3.20pm on Thursday, March 8.

A chip pan had caught fire in the kitchen of a two-storey house.

A man was rescued from the property and taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The house did not have any smoke alarms.

A spokesman for Derbyshire fire service said: “We want to remind homeowners to make sure they have working smoke alarms fitted.”