Mother of teenage crash victim encourages others to donate organs
A mother who lost her teenage daughter in a car crash has spoken about her daughter’s decision to donate her organs to encourage others to do the same.
Jessica Iddon, of Darley Dale, had spoken of her desire to donate her organs just week’s before the horrific crash that claimed the 17–year–old’s life in June 2008.
As she lay on life support in Chesterfield Royal Hospital, her heart–broken mother, Lindsey Adderson, knew she had to honour her daughter’s wishes, even if it meant being deprived of holding her as she passed away.
Doctors used Jessica’s organs to save the lives of six people. Her stem cells were also used.
Lindsey is now campaigning to raise the profile of organ donation in the hope more people will become life–savers like Jessica.
For the full story see this week’s Matlock Mercury.
- 100 jobs to go at Chesterfield’s CPP
- MATLOCK: Catalogue of dramatic incidents could have been deadly, says fire chief
- Author calls for Buxton to Matlock rail link to reopen
- CHESTERFIELD: Help prevent flooding in your home
- MATLOCK: Homes evacuated amid gas leak after van crashes into collapsed road in flooding
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Chesterfield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West