The Friends of Cromford Canal are inviting people to join them for a talk on the rise and fall of an industrial superstar.
On Monday, March 18, Gwilym Roberts will be giving a presentation on the Butterley Company – a hugely successful engineering company that was operating for almost two centuries.
The talk starts at 7.30pm – but tea and coffee will be served before the meeting and a cash bar will be operating before and after – at The Butterly Room, Hayes Conference Centre, Swanick. Call 01773 760358.
- 100 jobs to go at Chesterfield’s CPP
- Author calls for Buxton to Matlock rail link to reopen
- CHESTERFIELD: Help prevent flooding in your home
- MATLOCK: Catalogue of dramatic incidents could have been deadly, says fire chief
- MATLOCK: Homes evacuated amid gas leak after van crashes into collapsed road in flooding
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Chesterfield
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North