DCSIMG

Emergency crews put out bedroom blaze

NEWS: News.

NEWS: News.

Firefighters extinguished a blazing bedroom after a light fitting overheated at a home in Chesterfield.

The fire was discovered about 9.10pm, on Monday, March 17, at the home on Brimington Road, Hollingwood, Chesterfield.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said: “There was a bedroom fire caused by an overheated light fitting.

“Crews with four breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet and a Co2 extinguisher put out the fire and a ventilation fan was used to ventilate the property.”

Firefighters also used an aerial platform ladder to carry out external safety inspections.

Crews from Chesterfield and Staveley made the home safe within half-an-hour and left the scene by 10pm.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page