Darley Dale toddler set for BBC television debut
A brave toddler from Darley Dale is to make her television debut in the coming days after the BBC filmed her undergo an extremely rare brain operation.
Sofia Timmins will be one of three patients featured in a new series of Brain Doctors, which will be aired on BBC 2 at 9pm on Wednesday, February 20.
The reason Sofia was asked to feature in the series is because she has Crouzon Syndrome – a rare genetic condition characterised by the premature fusion of bones in the skull and face, which limits the ability of the affected bone to grow and expand.
Sofia’s mother, Rachael Thompson, said: “I am looking forward to seeing Sofia on the television, but parts of the operation are very graphic I have to say.”
As well as being on prime-time BBC, Sofia has also been featured in a recent edition of The Sun.
“Sofia’s completely oblivious to all the attention she has been getting from everybody,” said Rachael.
- 100 jobs to go at Chesterfield’s CPP
- MATLOCK: Catalogue of dramatic incidents could have been deadly, says fire chief
- Author calls for Buxton to Matlock rail link to reopen
- CHESTERFIELD: Help prevent flooding in your home
- MATLOCK: Homes evacuated amid gas leak after van crashes into collapsed road in flooding
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Chesterfield
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: West