The big day has arrived - General Election day 2015!
Here are the basics things you need to know if you are voting today...
* If you haven’t registered to vote (including by post or proxy - except an emergency proxy, see below), it’s too late. Check to see if you are registered at aboutmyvote.co.uk.
* You should have received a polling card with your details, polling number and your polling station location.
* You don’t need the polling card when you vote, they will ask for your name and address to check you are registered.
* Polling stations will be open from 7am until 10pm.
* Find your polling station using your postcode at the About My Vote website.
* You can take your pet with you.
* The Electoral Commission advises voters against photography inside polling stations so that they can avoid inadvertently breaching laws on the secrecy of ballots. So the advice is to save the selfie until you are outside.
* Polling station staff cannot refuse a voter if they are drunk or under the influence of drugs.
* You cannot discuss politics inside the polling station, or wear a party rosette - unless you are a candidate.
* You can apply to vote by emergency proxy up until 5pm on election day for medical reasons or if your job or service means that you cannot make it to your polling station in person, more details on the About My Vote website.
For full and extensive coverage of the Election all through today and overnight keep visiting this website.