Firefighters cordoned off a house in Creswell because of burning electrical cables.
Crews were called to Duchess Street at about 11.50am on Friday and found the 'smouldering' cables at the side of the property.
They taped off the area and, according to a fire service spokesman, 'made the scene safe' then called electrical specialists to deal with the incident.
Firefighters left the road at about 1.10pm.
The cause of the fire has not been revealed.
There were no reports of any injuries or serious damage.