l Chatsworth Road used to have a cinema – the Coliseum. It opened in 1907 in the former Mount Zion Methodist Church and closed in 1957. The last screening was High Society starring Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra.
l Traffic used to be brought to a halt each morning on Chatsworth Road. The congestion was caused by chains drawn across the street to allow a train to take coke into the gas works which stood on the corner of Chatsworth and Foljambe Road.
l An electric tramway operated along the length of Chatsworth Road from the old terminus at Brookside into Chesterfield and on to Whittington Moor. The trams operated from 1904 to 1927.
l In October 1920 a clock was installed in St Thomas’ Church Tower. It’s still one of the ‘sounds of Chatsworth Road’.
l Until about 1881, Chatsworth Road was known simply as New Road.