Faulty straighteners cause house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a blaze in Ilkeston last night after a faulty pair of hair straighteners caught alight.

Crews from Ilkeston and Stapleford arrived at the scene in Wilton Place just before 8.25pm.

The fire was out on arrival, so firefighters carried out an inspection of the house and offered fire safety advice to the residents.

The stock message was received at 8.50pm.

A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said that no one was hurt in the fire.