Fourteen schools will get a share of £254,000 from Derbyshire County Council to improve the condition of buildings.
The money will be used to carry out maintenance including replacing windows, revamping classrooms and toilets and re-roofing.
Half of the cash for each project is coming from the county council with schools funding the rest.
It is part of the council’s Joint Funding Initiative which has so far seen 84 projects go ahead at a total cost of £2.7m.
Ian Johnson, deputy strategic director for children and younger adults, said: “This money will enable much-needed maintenance work to be carried out at these schools.
“We’re committed to ensuring that every Derbyshire child gets an excellent education and we want to make sure they are provided with comfortable surroundings that will help them to achieve.
“By providing schools with half of the money towards these projects we are enabling this work to be done much more quickly.”
Schools receiving money from the county council are:
• Bolsover Infant and Nursery to replace windows - £7,000 (£14,000)
• Castle View Primary School, Matlock to replace windows and doors, roofing works and internal refurbishments - £30,000 (£60,000)
• Clifton Primary School, Ashbourne to replace windows and doors and refurbish the playground - £8,300 (£16,600)
• Coton in the Elms Primary to refurbish a classroom - £8,500 (£17,000)
• Gamesley Primary School to refurbish toilets - £7,000 (£14,000)
• Hunloke Park Primary School to replace a flat roof - £19,250 (£38,500)
• John Flamsteed Community School, Denby, to replace and repair walls - £15,000 (£30,000)
• John King Infant School, Pinxton, to replace the boiler house roof - £5,750 (£11,500)
• Ladycross Infant School, Sandiacre for classroom and toilet refurbishment - £5,750 (£11,500)
• Little Eaton Primary School to replace doors, refurbish floors and toilets and external resurfacing - £31,000 (£62,000)
• Northfield Junior School, Dronfield, to replace windows - £26,000 (£52,000)
• Ripley Junior School for new roofing and flooring and refurbishing changing rooms - £65,000 (£130,000)
• Walton on Trent CE Primary School to refurbish toilets and improve pathways - £18,000 (£36,000)
• Whitwell Primary School to replace windows - £7,500 (£15,000)