Candles cause Chesterfield house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

Candles are believed to have caused a house fire in the middle of the night.

Crews from Chesterfield, Staveley and Clay Cross were called to Baden Powell Avenue, Chesterfield, at 2.26am this morning (Thursday, September 18).

On arrival they found a fire in the ground floor of a two storey semi-detached property.

Four firefighters in breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, which was out by 2.47am.

They continued to use the hose reel jets to damp down the area, they then ventilated the property.

A joint investigation was carried out by police and firefighters and the fire was found to have been caused accidentally by candles.

They left at 3.54am.