This evocative image of the Dales buried in the mist was sent in to us by Mercury reader Dave Elsworth.
It was taken from Cavendish Park across the valley towards Bole Hill in the mist.
We would like to include more photographs of our landscape and architecture on this page and are inviting readers to submit pictures for use each week. Please also tell us a bit about the picture.
Anyone who gets one of their pictures printed will receive a set of First Edition collection stamps from Royal Mail.
You can email your pictures of Derbyshire and the Peak District to email@example.com, post them to Matlock Mercury, 37 Station Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 7XD or you can leave them at the Mercury Post Box at Bridge News, Crown Square, Matlock.
- 100 jobs to go at Chesterfield’s CPP
- Author calls for Buxton to Matlock rail link to reopen
- CHESTERFIELD: Help prevent flooding in your home
- MATLOCK: Catalogue of dramatic incidents could have been deadly, says fire chief
- MATLOCK: Homes evacuated amid gas leak after van crashes into collapsed road in flooding
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Chesterfield
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 9 mph
Wind direction: North